Friday, May 11, 2012

And the Crazy Traveling Is Done…Thank Goodness

ritzcarltonmiami And the Crazy Traveling Is Done...Thank Goodness The Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne

My crazy six weeks of traveling has just ended.  Since late March, I’ve been on the Disney Fantasy, on a family vacation to Phoenix, on a press trip to Virginia, at the Disney Social Media Celebration, and to Mom 2.0 in Key Biscayne, Florida.  I love traveling, and although it is a strain on my family, I always enjoy it.

Until this trip….

Here’s just a few of the things that happened:

After landing in Miami, we told the cab driver that we were headed to the Ritz.  About 20 minutes later, Charlene realized we were in the wrong place.  Apparently, he thought we said “beach”, and was in the process of driving us and all of our luggage to some random beach.The Ritz were unable to accommodate the request I’d been promised earlier – a rollaway bed in our room.  Eventually, housekeeping arrived with a comforter for the floor, then, when we refused, he returned with a thin mattress.  We also never received the conference room drops.  Eventually, they did remedy the problem, but it was a hassle.About ten seconds after putting on my new white dress for the white party, I got a paper cut and bled on the dress.  Can’t take me anywhere.On our return, we waited about 30 minutes for a cab (at 5:20am), and just made it to our flight.  I wasn’t able to get coffee before the flight, but figured I’d get some on the flight.  Until the pilot informed us that the coffee pot wasn’t working…

Yes, it’s time for a bit of a travel break…

pixel And the Crazy Traveling Is Done...Thank Goodness Tagged as: mom travels


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Everyday Health Editors' Product Review Blog

Reuters: Business Travel

MedicineNet Nutrition, Food and Recipes General

Pages

MedicineNet Diet and Weight Management General

Frommer's Deals and News

Behind the Guides

Media Releases: News Desk

About.com Day Trading

Frommers.com Cruise Blog

Arthur Frommer Online

Dictionary.com Word of the Day

The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com