Monday, June 25, 2012

Salba Smart – Smarter Chia Seeds

salbaproducts Salba Smart Smarter Chia SeedsI’m making an effort to be healthier (although I have given up the vegan diet – for the most part).   Two things that I really need to integrate into my diet is more fiber and Omega-3s – both of which help reduce cholesterol.  Chia seeds, which I’ve recently started reading about, include both fiber and Omega-3s.  Salba Smart, a company that makes organically grown and non-GMO chia, sent me some samples of their products, and I’ve integrated them into my diet over the past six weeks.

Salba Smart makes chips and salsa as well as ground and whole chia seeds.  The prepared products are wonderful – they taste great and are healthy. But, my favorites are the seeds, because I can then add them directly to my food.  I’ve added them to water, or to my granola in the morning.  They also work well as an egg substitute in recipes, and sprinkled onto yogurt, smoothies, and fruit.  It’s an extra step, but it’s so worth it.  According to their website, Salba chia, gram for gram, has:

8 x more Omega-3 (ALA) than Atlantic Salmon (EPA/DHA)2.8 x more antioxidants than pomegranates (based on ORAC values)6 x more calcium than whole milk3 x more iron than spinach15 x more magnesium than broccoli3 x more fiber than oats

All of those great benefits are definitely worth the extra step – and the seeds don’t have a taste, so they are easy to integrate into your food.

To learn more about Salba Smart, visit their website.

Disclosure: I received complimentary samples for review.

pixel Salba Smart Smarter Chia Seeds Tagged as: healthy food


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Everyday Health Editors' Product Review Blog

Reuters: Business Travel

MedicineNet Nutrition, Food and Recipes General

Pages

MedicineNet Diet and Weight Management General

Frommer's Deals and News

Behind the Guides

Media Releases: News Desk

About.com Day Trading

Frommers.com Cruise Blog

Arthur Frommer Online

Dictionary.com Word of the Day

The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com