Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Your Daily Dose of Vitamins – From a Spray Bottle?

AppId is over the quota AppId is over the quota In the fairytale land of health, I’m probably “The Girl Who Cried Vitamin.” I blame all my health “issues” (perceived and actual) on being vitamin-deficient. When I wake up tired after four hours of sleep, I blame it on a lack of iron. When my arms get fatigued while carrying bags of groceries, I wonder if that’s a warning sign that I’m low on calcium.
So I was pretty curious about the new C-Spray vitamins. According to The Marz Group, who distributes C-Spray, supplements lose between 80-90 percent of their nutrients after going through your digestive system. They say that the C-Spray is different because when you spray vitamins under your tongue as opposed to swallowing them, your body absorbs the nutrients better – giving you more energy and protecting your immune system in the process.
With the dimensions of a travel-sized can of hairspray, C-Spray definitely packs a vitamin punch. Each bottle of C-Spray contains the vitamin C equivalent of more than 75 oranges, but I was more surprised when I read the other levels of the nutrients present. With every serving of C-Spray, you get more than 11 nutrients, including 333 percent of your daily value of Vitamin C, 833 percent of Vitamin B12, and 250 percent of Vitamin D3.
For such a small container, C-Spray is extremely demanding. To get the full benefits of this supplement, I had to use it every four hours, spraying it six times every time, but that's not even the worst part. You’re supposed to hold the liquid under your tongue for 30 seconds before swallowing – pure agony considering C-Spray’s sour taste couldn’t be masked by whatever sweetener was used in its ingredients.
I originally planned to test C-Spray for four weeks, but after not seeing a difference in my energy level (or taste buds), I took the passive-aggressive approach and “forgot” to spray it during week four.
– Alysha Reid 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Everyday Health Editors' Product Review Blog

Reuters: Business Travel

MedicineNet Nutrition, Food and Recipes General

Pages

MedicineNet Diet and Weight Management General

Frommer's Deals and News

Behind the Guides

Media Releases: News Desk

About.com Day Trading

Frommers.com Cruise Blog

Arthur Frommer Online

Dictionary.com Word of the Day

The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com